2. When do we collect data?
We may collect personal information from you when you register to receive our newsletters; and contact us with a question or complaint. We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Websites, as described in the section headed “Cookies” below.
3. What personal information do we collect from you?
The personal information we may collect from you includes your:
phone number (land line, mobile);
credit or debit card details; and
4. What do we do with your personal information?
When you give us any personal information as indicated above, we use your personal information to:
- enable you to use any services that we may from time to time provide through the Website;
- enable you to become a registered user on one or more of the Website;
- process your transaction or subscription and correspond with you accordingly;
- provide you, in accordance with your communications preferences, with information about our products and services, our latest news or special offers which may be of interest to you;
- track activity on our Websites for market research purposes so that we can improve the usefulness and content of the Websites but, in carrying out such activity, we use the personal information in aggregate and on an anonymous basis;
- and for Website administration (including enabling us to respond to any comments on the Website or feedback you may give us).
5. To whom do we pass your personal information?
We will only disclose personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf.
6. International transfers of personal information
On the basis that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data across international boundaries. In particular, we will hold your personal information in the UK, and we may transfer it to USA to a service provider who may host the Websites or email newsletter services and store personal information on our behalf.
By browsing the Websites and submitting personal information to us, you acknowledge our processing of your personal information on this basis
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Firetop Ltd) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
The specific cookies that are used by Google Analytics include:
- Analysis cookie – Permanent cookie – Google Analytics – _gid – 24 hour duration
- Analysis cookie – Permanent cookie – Google Analytics – _ga – 2 year duration
- Functional cookie – Permanent cookie – Google Analytics – _gat – 1 minute duration
You can prevent the data generated by these cookies and related to your use of this website (including your IP address) from being collected and processed by Google by downloading and installing a browser plug-in (IP anonymization). More information on usage conditions and data protection in Google Analytics can be found here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.